Tuesday 2 September 2014

My Hair Care Routine ...

Hello my beauties, I'm back with a new hair care routine + products, this is how i got my hair out of chemical shock . . .



Products I use :







- Monday + Friday are my hair wash days.
- Sunday + Thursday I do my oil treatments & leave them in over night.

Tips on growing your hair faster:
  • Use oil treatments .
Oils are the best way ,in my opinion and through research & experience, to grow your hair and make your hair stronger whilst doing this. On my treatment nights I section my hair after combing it through with my macadamia oil infused wide tooth comb, taking a £2 piece size of castor oil, I run this along the roots, massaging in as I go. Then taking the same size with the avocado oil I run this through the lengths and the ends of my hair. Working all the way up my head in 2inch sections of hair each time. After my hair is saturated in the oil I comb it through one more time to make sure that all the strands are covered. I place my hair in 2 french plaits and put a towel on my pillows and go to sleep.


These oils are what I have found work best for me, I would strongly recommend the regular castor oil for hair growth.    The Jamaican black castor oil works very well to even out hair for example after I had got my hair out of chemical shock my top layers were recorded at 1 inch long (after my hair had fallen out.) The JB castor oil helped with not so much the over all length but my top layers are now almost equal length to the rest of my hair whereas the regular castor oil has given me more overall length.      I wouldn't necessarily repurchase the avocado oil however it has made my hair very shiny and soft but I feel I could do with just the regular castor oil.

 


  • Wash correctly.
Once I've woken up I then rinse and wash my hair out ( shampoo twice ) this is so that you have cleaned your hair, and the second shampooing is to clean your scalp. Condition using a keratin treatment conditioner (keratin is extremely good for your hair) and leave for 3/4 minutes, then rinse in cool water to prevent breakage.

When you wash your hair in very hot water your hair becomes weak and brittle, essentially you are boiling your hair, its just as bad as frying it with heat tools.

Do NOT wash your hair everyday, this is not good for your hair as you don't leave enough time for your hairs' natural oils to run through. This will cause your hair to be 'greasy' very quickly, so you assume you need to wash it again, this is wrong. Your hair will go into overdrive to try and hydrate your hair, in easiest terms, you need to 'train' your hair, this is possible! cut down your hair washing to 2/3x a week (this doesn't mean don't wash your body, just not your hair) you're hair will become less greasy through out the week and will only get oily the day before your hair needs a wash, this gives your hair time to breathe and get any hydration back that it would have lost during shampooing further more the night before you wash you add more oil anyway so essentially you are in control of when your hair gets oily and when its not.

Please don't use shampoos with sulphate in them (chemical that cause shampoos to lather up) don't worry shampoos without sulphate lather up nicely but without any harsh chemicals to damage your hair. I recommend using shampoo bars instead of conventional shampoos.





  • Brush correctly.

Only use a wide tooth comb, it does just the same trick as using a hair brush would however its so much better for your hair, it will detangle your hair better then a brush as it can reach through and comb out all of the strands, unlike normal hairbrushes that just soften the top layer of your hair, making appear soft and all combed out. 

Wide tooth combs do not cause lots of breakage because of the set of teeth being further apart. Come on guys this is an easy one but you'll see such a difference in the quality of your hair!

Also comb your hair in sections ( no matter how long it is) each section start at the ends and comb your way up, this will detangle and knots you have easier and cause less breakage, if you come across   a knot, comb underneath it and it should release.


  • Exfoliate your scalp.
Using home recipes you can create scalp exfoliants easily nowadays, you could rub the juice of an onion on your scalp, leave for 20 mins then wash out (the acidity in the onion is a natural exfoliant.)

Exfoliating your scalp is just as important as exfoliating your skin, if you feel like your hair is just not growing at all but you've tried so hard, try out an exfoliant. 

Your scalp can get clogged up with hair sprays, everyday dirt, mousse, gel etc.. just how your pores get clogged on your face after wearing makeup, but just washing your face doesn't get out all those impurities does it? Try it out and see if your hair starts to grow a lot quicker. 


  • Protective styling.
Protective styling is a great way to let your hair just get on with growing, putting your hair in plaits, buns, ponytails or just having it up and out of the way, especially if your hair is longer or sits at shoulder length as your ends will rub a lot on your collar causing ends to trail up the hair shaft and cause damage.

In the winter I love to use protective styles to make sure my hair isn't getting too dry from the cold or wind. However don't use protective styling everyday for months and months you need to let your hair down sometimes because you don't want to do the same pony tail everyday otherwise the hair that sits under the hair band will become fragile and most likely split. Just alternate between up one week, down the next.



What not to do with your hair:

  • Don't brush your hair when its wet (its at its most fragile/ venerable to breakage)
  •  Don't use too much heat
  • Don't wash everyday
  • Try not to dye your hair too much
  • Don't play with your split ends! 


Okay lovelies well thats all I believe, have fun growing out that gorgeous hair of yours and let me know how these tips get on for you! 
Lots of love Els x





No comments:

Post a Comment