Thursday 11 September 2014

DAY 11 - 15sophausbeauty Challenge 'Skin Care Routine + Prodcuts'

Hello lovelies! 

So this is day 11 of the challenge and I'm coming at you with my skin care routine and what products I love to use . . .
Let me just say my skin care routine is always changing so this is just where I'm at now with my skin and whats working best  but I'm sure that it could change in the next few months due to the cold weather :)


This is all starting with a bare face, I'll have a get UN-ready with me post up soon explaining what I use to take my makeup off etc etc etc..

Products I use on a daily basis:









My Routine:




 My derma roller is something I usually forget to use however its the one and only product that performs the most magic on my skin!

If you don't know what a derma roller is then here you go..

A dermo roller is a hand held anti-ager, it's a roller with hundreds of 1.5 mm (depending on the size of the roller) titanium needles that when rolled across your face with a firm hand, pierces through the top layer of your skin, triggering your body to produce more collagen, if you don't already know what collagen is, collagen is a chemical in our bodies that plumps the skin and help grow your hair etc.. all in all collagen is what we want! 
        
Once the collagen is produced your skin is being rebuilt, revealing a plumper, softer, more even skin! 



 WARNING ! !  

DO NOT press too hard, people are often mistaken thinking that your skin needs to draw blood for the roller to work, this is a myth.
Such a huge myth that even salons have people who are supposedly trained in derma rolling, calling the treatment a 'Vampire Facial' who put WAAAY too much pressure on the skin, causing it to bleed and scab over during healing, this couldn't be more wrong, who wants to walk around with a big scabby face?! 

The needles are designed at this size to be able to hit the right point under your skin that will trigger the collagen flow, without loss of blood or severe pain.
The derma roller should cause a LITTLE redness, if it is too painful for you, apply less pressure.





Benefits of a Dermo Roller:
It treats . . .

  • Acne Scars
  • Cellulite
  • Sun Spots
  • Wrinkles
  • Black Heads
  • Stretch Marks
  • Hair Loss










 When using your dermo roller please do NOT forget to disinfect it before and after use, I just bought this really cheap antibac spray from amazon which works just fine, I spin the derma roller and whilst its going round I spray the antibac 2/3 times.

This step is crucial ! ! If you don't sterilise the roller, you could get skin infections or cause break outs, you wouldn't put a dirty needle in yourself at the doctors so don't do it now!

                                                                                
                                                                     







 After using my roller, I then apply my collagen gel (for extra assistance) all over my face.

Wait a couple minutes for that to settle into your skin and then apply Sudocrem on any blemishes you may have.






I have used sudocrem for years to treat my acne, I have realised that this is my holygrail skincare product because it dries out imperfections over night, its such a great product for acne and people always think that it won't work, READ THE LABEL GUYS! its for acne! Trust me this stuff really works honestly, I apply a thin layer morning + night.



For an added extra




 FACE MASKSSSS! who doesn't love a good face mask?! Honestly I think one of the secrets to having glowing, radiant skin is to do regular face masks, no matter what purpose the mask has on that particular day its always good to keep your skin hydrated and these Cleo Face Masks are perfect for this, I do my 'Home Made Turmeric Face Mask' (post up previously) then after I've washed that off i then go straight in with any one of these Cleo masks, this process leaves my skin glowing, soft, clear, clean and I can see the difference so much! As you can see from the images i only have 3 left, my favourite are the collagen ones.

I think having a face mask a week is a good start to clearing up your skin.
There are solo many masks nowadays all for different purposes, so its up to you to recognise what your skin needs and how to deal with that.

A face mask I STRONGLY recommend if you have troublesome skin is the Boscia Black Luminizing Mask, ( Boscia Mask HERE )it is on the pricey side unlike these Cleo ones, however its THE best mask I have ever used in my life, honestly after 2 masks my skin was clear, after years of having bad skin, truly amazing, however I can't afford to repurchase at this point in time, so these Cleo ones are a good alternative.



1st image, nothing on my face
2nd image, after Turmeric Face Mask (DIY)
3rd image, after Cleo Face Masks

-naturally bright lighting-
honestly works!!



No comments:

Post a Comment